KUDO INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION (“KIF”) – DISCIPLINARY RULES
1. The rules set out in this document (“the Rules”) aim at establishing basic principles pertaining to the prevention of inappropriate behavior within KIF, and to the disciplinary measures associated.
(SCOPE OF APPLICATION）
2. The rules apply to all members, officials, and employees of the KUDO International Federation.
3. All members and representatives of KIF are prohibited from engaging in the prohibited acts and behaviors (“Violations”) stipulated in Art.3 and Art.4 of the Code of Conduct.
(TYPE OF DISCIPLINARY MEASURES IN RESPONSE TO VIOLATIONS)
4. A person committing a violation shall be subject to disciplinary measures, in forms and degrees varying depending on the details and circumstances of the violation. When the person committing the violation is both a registered member and an officer of KIF, he or she may be subject to measures applying to both categories.
③Temporary suspension from duty
③Temporary suspension of membership with
・Temporary interdiction to teach when the offender is an instructor
・Temporary interdiction to participate in official contests or tournament when the offender is a competitor or a member organization
④Permanent loss of membership
2 Any person having suggested, helped, or failed to prevent the violation when
he/she was in a position to do so shall be subject to disciplinary measures as well.
3 In addition to the above, measures such as suspension of KIF referee‘s qualification or instructor’s qualification, removal from official’s position in an affiliated organization, etc. are also possible.
4 Guiding standards for disciplinary actions are shown below in a table.
(HANDLING OF VIOLATIONS)
5. When the President of the Federation becomes aware of a suspected violation whether via internal report, media report, or any other mean, he or she shall ensure that an internal investigation is launched in accordance with standards to be separately determined, with an aim at establishing actual facts and determined the appropriate course of action.
2 When deemed appropriate, the President may entrust investigations or disciplinary actions, in accordance with standard to be separately determined, to affiliated organizations or other organizations.
6. When deemed necessary to the proper handling of a suspected violation, the President shall establish a Disciplinary Committee.
2 The Disciplinary Committee shall receive from the President a report on the investigation relative to the case, and shall provide the President with proposed measures, in accordance with the standard defined in the appended table.
3 Any person suspected of violation shall be given the opportunity to defend themselves.
(IMPLEMENTATION OF DISCIPLINARY MEASURES)
7. Upon receipt of proposed disciplinary measures from the Disciplinary Committee, the President shall, if deemed necessary, ensure their implementation. Implementation of disciplinary measures in the two following cases shall however be subject to a resolution by the Board of Directors.
(1) Disciplinary measure affecting officers of the Federation
(2) Suspension of membership exceeding 1 year or termination of membership
(VIOLATIONS BY THE PRESIDENT)
8. In case of suspected violation by the President, the Board of Directors may decide to form a Disciplinary Committee in the same manner as describe above.
The formation of a Disciplinary Committee to investigate a suspected violation by / or involving the President shall immediately be notified to the independent auditors of the Federation, as well as the result of the investigation and proposed disciplinary measures.
Implementation of disciplinary measures against the President shall be subject to a resolution by the General Assembly, based on proposal by the Disciplinary Committee vetted by at least one of the auditors.
9. Appeals against disciplinary measures decided by the Federation shall be submitted to the Japan Sports Arbitration Agency or to the Lausanne Tribunal Arbitral du Sport / Court of Arbitration for Sport.
(REQUEST FOR OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENT)
10. When deemed necessary, the President may request affiliated organizations to improve the way they operate.
(CHANGES TO THE RULES)
11. Changes to the Rules shall be subject to a resolution by the Board of Directors of KIF.
STANDARD OF DISCIPLINARY MEASURES
Proposed disciplinary measures should take into account the severity and intent in which a violation was committed. Disciplinary measures for repeat offenders should also take into account the existence of past violations.